With the help of a board certified specialist in sports dietetics (CSSD), athletes will gain knowledge of how diet impacts performance and training. Being that every athlete is different, fueling and hydration plans need to be tailored as such. Our dietitian will measure body composition as dietary modifications are made in order assess gains in muscle mass. Through the use of metabolic testing, clients can be assured that calorie needs are met in order to meet weight/body composition goals while having enough energy to train. In addition to sports specific meal plans, our dietitian works with special need athletes of all ages who have medical conditions, disordered eating, are injured or post surgery. Having a sound nutrition plan in place will give you and your team the competitive edge it needs to come out on top.
Metabolic testing is a simple, ten-minute breathing test to analyze and determine exactly how much oxygen your body consumes. These Target Caloric Zones provide the information needed to determine the maximum amount of food you can consume while still losing weight. This allows for a healthy diet while understanding and working with your metabolism to burn off the food consumed on a daily basis.
Treatment for disordered eating involves a multi-disciplinary approach and working with a treatment team that includes nutrition intervention with a Registered Dietitian. Our dietitian specializes in the treatment of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and eating disorders not otherwise specified. The goals of nutrition therapy include weight restoration, regulating metabolic function, nutrition education and meal planning. Using cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, food and body image related distortions are identified and restructured so that the process of healing can begin.
Our corporate wellness program is an on site, personalized approach to creating a healthy work environment for employees. Our dietitian will work onsite to identify company and individual needs to develop an individualized program based on intensive research. Creating and maintaining a work environment that is conducive to long lasting changes is the key to the success of any wellness program.
Medical Nutrition Therapy refers to the treatment and prevention of diseases that are typically treated with medication through the use of dietary intervention. It is an essential component of comprehensive health care. Through changing what types of foods and the portions consumed, patients are able to improve their lipid profiles, maintain a healthy blood sugar level, and manage food allergies and/or intolerances. Only a Registered Dietitian is licensed to treat patients using nutrition intervention and evidence based research.
• High Cholesterol
• GI & Food Allergies
• Weight Management
• Prenatal Nutrition
LEARN MORE ON SPECIFIC MEDICAL NUTRITION THERAPY
SPECIFIC MEAL PLANS
Medical nutrition therapy for pediatric patients differs from adults. A Pediatric patient can be seen for diabetes, behavioral disorders, high cholesterol, gastrointestinal disorders, food allergies, or weight management. A
registered dietitian can help pediatric patients and their parents make dietary modifications that allow children
to continue enjoying the foods that they love. Our dietitian works closely with school coaches, ensuring pediatric athletes are fueling for proper growth and development in comparison to the amount of activity they are enduring.
• Nutrition intervention for diabetes, high cholesterol, food allergies, celiac disease, failure to thrive,
childhood obesity, and disordered eating
• Review school menus with caretakers and patients to ensure the correct choices are made
• Kid friendly meal and snack ideas for healthy growth and development
• Therapeutic diets for patients with food aversions, autism, ADHD, or other special need diets
• Parent/caretaker education and family involvement
• Weight Restoration
• Working with a
• Body Image and
• Road to Recovery
LEARN MORE ON SPECIFIC EATING DISORDER THERAPY
• Accurate measurement of my total calories expended for one day
• Determines my calorie needs for maintenance, weight loss, or weight gain
• Can tailor my weight loss plan according to my RMR, lifestyle and exercise. The device accounts for your
gender, age, height, current weight, and goal weight.
• After the calories are determined, my dietitian can provide a meal plan and suggestions to help with your
successful weight loss
FOUR REASONS TO GET METABOLICALLY TESTED
HEALTH CARE SAVINGS
REDUCED EMPLOYEE TURNOVER
• The average health care cost per person in the U.S. exceeds $3,000 annually
• Preventable illnesses make up approximately 70% of these costs
• For many companies, medical costs can consume half of corporate profits
• Studies show that healthier employees spend fewer days away from work, thus saving companies thousands
and even millions of dollars on sick time and temporary help.
• Company sponsored wellness programs send a message to employees that management values their wellbeing.
• Corporate wellness programs play a key role in maintaining and improving productivity and employee morale.